TCT is excited to announce the following available scholarships to our members.
Foundation for Rural Service Youth Tour Essay – Deadline March 31st, 2017: Every summer, the FRS Youth Tour brings together high school students from across rural America to visit our nation’s capital and learn about rural telecommunications. The tour provides a forum for teens to meet and interact with their peers from other rural communities, as well as, key legislative, regulatory and government figures. TCT sponsors one student each year. Students must submit a one page essay explaining why they like living in their community, and why they think technology is important to rural communities.
D.C. Youth Tour Eligibility
- Parent or guardian of student must be a current member of the TCT Cooperative, in good standing
- Students MUST be high school students, age 16 or 17, and going into their Junior or Senior year of high school, at the time of the Youth Tour
- Student must agree to take photos of tour and work with TCT Productions to create a video summarizing their experience
- Student must agree to allow TCT to post tour photos on TCT’s social media pages
For further information, please call Angie Schwerdtfeger at:
620.767.5153 or 800.362.2576, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSED-TCT Board of Directors Scholarship – Deadline March 3rd, 2017: Each year TCT’s Board of Directors awards six, one-thousand dollar scholarships to high school senior students whose parents or legal guardians are members of the Association. Students must completely fill out the TCT Scholarship Application Form, including signatures from their school counselor, school principal and legal guardian, and return it to the TCT Business Office, or mail it to TCT, Attn: Scholarships, PO Box 299, Council Grove, KS 66846, by March 3, 2017. Students are eligible if their parents’ phone number begins with one of the following prefixes in the 785 area code: 257, 349, 366, 466, 479, 482, 497, 598, 949, 965, and 983. In the 620 area code, phone numbers must begin with the prefixes of 924, 767 or 787. Cellular phone numbers are excluded. Students must also have a GPA of 2.5 or higher and be planning to attend a four- year college, university, junior college, or trade school in the fall of 2017. Winners will be selected in a random drawing. Scholarship winners will be required to attend TCT’s Annual Meeting of Members for the official presentation of their scholarship, the evening of March 28, 2017 at the Herington Community Building.
- 2016 Winners: , District #1- Katlin Tanner, White City High School, daughter of Michelle Schmidt. District #2 winner, Keegan Honas, Council Grove High School, son of Gallan and Heather Honas. District #3 – Abigail Svoboda, Centre High School, daughter of Anita Svoboda. District #4 – Savannah Laudemann, White City High School, daughter of Bill Laudemann. District #5 – Michelle Murphy, Council Grove High School, daughter of Amy Cott, and Member at Large – Jake Robert Anderson, White City High School, son of Junior and Terri Anderson
CLOSED – Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship – Deadline Post Marked to FRS by March 1st, 2017: The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) offers an annual college scholarship program to help further higher education among rural youth. FRS awards a one-time $2,500 scholarship to students from rural America for their first year of college, university or vocational-technical school. Students applying under TCT will only sponsor students whose parent or guardian are an Associate Member of the TCT Cooperative, Non-TCT Cooperative Members need not apply. TCT supplies $500 of the scholarship, with FRS funding $2,000 of the scholarship. The FRS College Scholarship Program seeks to encourage students to return to their rural communities upon completing their education. Applications must be postmarked to FRS by March 1st, 2017.